At Earlswood we only sell top grade real cut and potted Christmas trees which we are confident can last well throughout the season. A cut tree is essentially like a bunch of cut flowers – in order to get the best from your tree and ensure it lasts well, follow our simple tips for real Christmas tree care and it will do you proud!
- When you receive your tree, keep it in a bucket of water outside until you are ready to take it indoors. If you’re going to keep it outside for a while for more than a day or two, then take it out of its net.
- We advise if possible that you saw off the bottom 2cm from the base of the trunk. This will remove any sap that may have sealed the base allowing the tree to drink more water.
- Before taking indoors, bang the netted tree on its trunk to remove any old, loose needles that may be trapped. These are perfectly normal.
- Put your tree in the stand before removing the netting. It’s much easier to handle.
- When positioning your tree wherever possible keep it away from direct sources of heat such as radiators. Keeping your tree cool will increase its longevity. If you have underfloor heating you may want to put an insulator, like a piece of polystyrene, underneath your stand to keep the water cool and stop it evaporating as quickly.
- Watering your tree daily is the key to successful care of your real Christmas tree! Your tree will drink up to 2 pints of water per day. A water holding stand will increase the lifespan of the tree. If you choose a stand that is not designed to water the tree, it will dry out and drop its needles much quicker.
See our range of real Christmas Trees & Stands
Freshly cut real trees & potted trees available